“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars” – Oscar Wilde
With all those pictures of me on this web page, you’d be surprised to learn I hate photos of myself. However, I want you to get a visual of me, the person writing all this, and there’s only one semi-good way to do so.
To colour the image you’ll get of me beyond my outside, I feel obliged to tell you a little bit about myself. This way you’ll end up with an idea of who I am on the inside as well as what I look like on the outside. After all, don’t judge a book by its cover (or a person by her badly taken photos).
I believe by reading someone’s writings you’ll get a clear image of their inner being – you can’t fake the way you write. At least this is what I hope to achieve when you read my posts: to take you on a journey inside my head.
However, to start you off here’s my personal playlist. I love making playlists for people, as it gives me the opportunity to find just the right songs to go with someone’s character. When burning my own favourites on a CD to play in my car, I went all out.
Please enjoy these songs (clicking on the titles will take you to their YouTube videos). I hope you’ll see the diversity in this collection. And if you think their combination on a CD is a bit hard to follow: don’t worry. So am I.
- Billy Ocean – Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car
- Mika – Ice Cream
- Fall Out Boy – Jet Pack Blues
- Mandisa – Unfinished
- Bon Jovi – You Give Love A Bad Name
- Meghan Trainor – Better When I’m Dancing
- Cascada – Evacuate The Dancefloor
- Robyn – Dancing On My Own
- Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill
- Britney Spears – If I’m Dancing
- Zedd ft. Bahari – Addicted To A Memory (of course this one HAD to be on it!)
- LeAnn Rimes – Life Goes On
- Fleur East – Sax
- Mika – It’s My House
- Tori Kelly – Colors Of The Wind (love her voice!)
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody (this was a mistake – I love the song, but I love The Greatest by Sia more)
- Kensington – War
- Fall Out Boy – Twin Skeleton’s (Hotel In NYC)
- Mika – Live Your Life (best song ever, apart from #11)
- Bon Jovi – Livin’ On A Prayer
- Polina Gagarina – A Million Voices